How to Apply
Application deadline: December 1, for admission in September of the following year.
To apply, submit an application through the Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) at the University of Michigan, specifying an interest in Cancer Biology.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a strong academic record.
- Substantial undergraduate coursework in the areas of chemistry and biology are strongly recommended, as the graduate courses assume foundations in organic and physical chemistry.
- Prior laboratory research experience in a related discipline.
Applications must include
- A completed PIBS application form, statement of purpose, and application processing fee for Rackham School of Graduate Studies.
- Three completed recommendation forms and accompanying letters of recommendation from faculty or research mentors who are familiar with the applicant's academic and/or research performance and potential.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from the General Aptitude test
- Each application is evaluated on criteria which reflect the applicant's ability in academic as well as scientific pursuits. All application materials are reviewed by the PIBS Admissions Committee, which is composed of both faculty and students. Selected applicants are invited to visit the Cancer Biology Program to have an opportunity to meet faculty and students and become familiar with the research and training opportunities.